Join C4C at a special BBQ hosted by the Jamestown Merc! Come celebrate the re-opening of James Canyon with great food, good company, and awesome brews. Rainbow will be serving up her amazing food hot of the grill starting at 3pm on Sunday, September 25th. Burger, dogs, along with vegetarian options and a load of sides will be available for purchase. Get this famous ride in before the weather gets cooler and the days shorter.
Unfortunately, due to continuing construction and hazardous road conditions, we have to cancel the Jamestown ride. Pleas join us in August on the 14th from 2pm-7pm for a special BBQ at the Merc! Details to follow.
- 4:30pm – Early Bird Special Ride – Casual, conversational pace ride. 36, to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back
- 4:45 – Climbers Ride – More challenging, expert route. Up and Over Lee Hill, to Lefthand Canyon, to James Canyon, to Jamestown. Choose return route (Lee Hill, Olde Stage, or 36).
- 5:00pm – Olde Stage Happy Hour – Intermediate Pace. Up and over Olde Stage to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back.
- 5:15pm – Tempo Ride – Faster paced ride. Up and over Olde Stage, to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back.
- 5:15pm – Women’s Ride – Casual, conversational pace ride. 36, to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back.
- 5:30pm – Olde Stage After Work Ride – Faster paced ride. Up and over Olde Stage, to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back.
- 5:30pm – After Work Ride – Casual, conversational pace ride. 36, to Lefthand Canyon, to Jamestown. Out and back.
RETREET is aiming to plant 100 trees at 19 Jamestown homes on Saturday, June 20th. You can join them on Saturday and for a whole weekend of biking, helping, and fun. If you want to help them out, please email grady@RETREET.org.
Here is the agenda for the week.
6:30AM – Join Cyclists 4 Community for their weekly Velo Ride (multiple groups and speeds).
AFTERNOON – Hike Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
7:00PM – Denver Cruiser Ride, theme: Bubble Wrap, Duct Tape, and Cardboard. You’ve got to see this!
10:00AM – Ride from Washington Park to Golden, Where the West Lives! and where Coors, among numerous craft beers, is brewed. It’s a great ride through downtown and along Clear Creek, a great mix of city streets and bike paths. We’ll have lunch and a couple of beers before heading back (about 40 miles total).
12:00pm – Lunch in Boulder, followed by the ride up to Jamestown and back. We’ll spend the rest of the afternoon in Boulder and have dinner.
FRIDAY NIGHT (19th)
That evening, we’ll make our way to Balarat Outdoor Education Center, where RETREETers will stay for the weekend. The group will be oriented to the area by our local partners.
Plant trees all day in Jamestown, with a break for lunch. Festivities to follow at Jamestown Mercantile.
Hike and bike in the area!
Back by popular demand! the Jamestown Merc is hosting another BBQ on Sunday, June 28th! Grill will be fired up at 3:30pm. Bike up or drive up, all are welcome for this great community event.
Join the Jamestown Mercantile on May 31st for a special Sunday BBQ. Starting at 3:30pm, Rainbow and the gang at the Merc will have the grill going. Enjoy great eats, great beers, and great company. Cruise up to Jamestown for a great afternoon meal to round out the weekend and show your love for Jtown!
Where: Jamestown Town Hall, 118 Main St.
When: Saturdays from May 23rd, through June 27th. 8:45 AM (brief orientation and work at 9 AM – 3 PM)
What: Help JT creek residents get ready for planting and continue recovery efforts including: tree planting, tree propagation, leveling land, raking up rocks, shoveling sand, moving rocks, spreading grass seed and more…
Bring: Friends, layered clothes, rain gear, sunscreen (if it’s not raining), water, lunch OR
Eat at the Jamestown Merc, please call in advance if you have a group larger than 5 – (303) 442-5847